Today we are happy to announce the wider availablity of our fully managed Encryption-at-Rest for ObjectRocket MongoDB in Virginia (IAD), Dallas (DFW), Chicago (ORD), and London (LON). This optional premium feature is availiable on versions 2.6 and 3.0 (mmap or WiredTiger) in both dedicated and shared plans.
Encryption-at-rest is one of the most commonly accepted methods for keeping inactive data protected, and ObjectRocket MongoDB is the only MongoDB provider to offer it. Our fully managed encryption-at-rest solution is ideal for companies looking to solve encryption, gain additional database administration support and add 24-hour monitoring to their databases.
ObjectRocket MongoDB offers encrypted block devices on PCI express flash cards with a negligible performance hit. Key management is handled in house, meaning keys are isolated in hardened, replicated key vaults. When used, each key is held in memory just long enough to decrypt the data and immediately purge it, making this ideal for businesses with security or compliance needs.
Here are the details:
- Industry-standard AES-256 encryption
- Encryption supported with MMAP and WiredTiger instances
- Encryption at rest including the underlying storage and automated backups
- SSL-enabled with per instance ACLs
- Secure hosting environment from 5GBs to TBs
- Fully Managed Service by MongoDB specialists proactively monitoring your instances 24x7x365
- All that without modifying your client applications
- Availability: IAD, DFW, ORD, LON