As of today, the PostgreSQL service on ObjectRocket has reached Beta status. We take the path to GA (General Availability) very seriously and make sure we give each product plenty of time in Alpha and Beta phases to add features, wring out bugs, and improve stability. This is a step on that path and gets us a whole lot closer to being able to confidently manage production instances.
Since we first started offering Postgres on ObjectRocket, we’ve added a number of key features:
- TLS: TLS is now enabled on all instances (you can also download a CA for verification)
- Backups: Daily backups as well as the ability to restore to a new instance are now included in the service
- Dashboard Integration: Space Usage stats, Grafana metrics, CA download, user management and more in Mission Control, our new UI.
In addition to the features above, we’ve focused a lot of effort on stabilizing the product, improving our ability to support it, and preparing for production workloads. By the time we reach Beta status, we’ve met our feature and stability goals, but we like to give customers and our support teams extra time to load test and wring out any final requests. Now is a great time to try out the product as you prepare for production.
Our next milestone is to claim General Availability on Postgres, which will come from more hours of test, tuning, and supportability work. There will also be some key new features that we’ll be adding along the way:
- High Availability: By far the biggest addition coming is the ability to provide HA clusters. We’ll be offering an active/passive solution with automatic failover.
- Point-in-time Recovery: Hand-in-hand with providing HA, we’ll be archiving WAL files along with base backups. This will enable us to offer Point-in-time recovery in the future.
- Extension Support: We’ll also be providing a standard selection of standard extensions that you can enable on an instance by instance basis.
Try it Out, For Free
This is a great time to log into our brand new platform and check out what’s new PostgreSQL free for a limited time. You’ll get up to 40GB of PostgreSQL and access to our stats dashboards.